The 2022 PMNCH 11th Annual Accountability Breakfast will focus on the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, conflict, and the climate crisis on the health and well-being of women, children and in particular, adolescents across the Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) region. Investing in sustainable financing and equitable programmes, policies and services to improve health outcomes among adolescents and their families, particularly those most vulnerable, will form the backdrop of proposed solutions. The event is organized alongside the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) and Every Woman Every Child Latin America and the Caribbean.
Date & Time: September 22, 2022 / 8:00-10:00AM EST
- Examine how women’s, children's and adolescent health and well-being across the LAC region is adversely impacted by conflict and violence, fragile health systems that nearly collapsed in face of the COVID-19 pandemic, and the climate crisis.
- Consider people’s experiences and what are the most urgent needs requiring joint action and ensuring strong accountability for these to be addressed.
- Explore sustainable and innovative solutions, including financing, to improving health and well-being outcomes for this vulnerable population group addressing the multi-faceted threats they face, while building on the good practices and accountability experiences from the region.
Event Video Recording in English
- Report: "No Time to Lose: Health Challenges for Adolescents in Latin America and the Caribbean"
- More information: accountabilitybreakfast.com
- Every Woman Every Child Latin America and the Caribbean: https://www.everywomaneverychild-lac.org/e/