COVID-19 pandemic created shortages and inequities in access to medicines and health technologies. The crisis highlighted the dependence of Latin America and the Caribbean on imports from outside the Region, the vulnerability of global supply chains, and the high heterogeneity that characterizes the Americas in terms of their research, development and production capacities for health technologies.
In response to this need and at the request of the Member States, PAHO has launched the Innovation and Regional Production Platform of Medicines and Health Technologies, a space that articulates working actions to facilitate the expansion of research, development and manufacturing of health technologies in the Region. We invite you to participate in the Webinar Series, organized by the Platform, to discuss the regional production of medicines.
- Javier Guzmán - Director, Global Health Policy Program and Senior Policy Fellow, Center for Global Development (CGD)
- Marcella Distrutti - Health Senior Specialist in the Social Protection and Health Division, Inter American Development Bank (IDB)
- Nicolo Gligo - Economic Affairs Officer, Division of Production, Productivity and Management, Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC)
- Tomás Pippo (Moderator) - Chief a.i., Innovation and Regional Production Platform, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- Hector Castro (Presenter) – Director a.i. of the Department of Innovation and Access to Medicines and Health Technologies at Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
WHEN: Wednesday 31 May 2023
- 1:00 pm Costa Rica-Mexico
- 3:00 pm Chile-Bolivia-Puerto Rico-Washington DC
- 4:00 pm Argentina
This event was held thanks to the support of Global Affairs Canada.