The Pan American Health Organization and the Health Technology Assessment Network of the Americas (RedETSA), invite you with the Inter-American Development Bank and its Criteria Network, to a new Webinar Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds: Optimizing the allocation of health resources in the Americas to be held on Friday, August 11, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (EDT/WDC). It will be held in Spanish and Portuguese and will have simultaneous interpretation in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
How to take part
• DAY: Friday August 11, 2023
• TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 EDT [check at the end for local time in other cities]
• REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_IELiLK5kSkiPLtajk7-Rag#/registration
(After registering you will receive an email confirmation with the link to participate)
• LANGUAGES: Spanish and Portuguese with simultaneous interpretation in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- PAHO TV Youtube Broadcast
Currently, health systems face strong pressures to meet the growing needs of populations with the resources they have.
To address evidence-based universal health, efficiency assessment is essential. Furthermore, most existing value frameworks agree that cost-effectiveness is a key value dimension to assess when deciding how to allocate health resources. Therefore, economic evaluations have become key instruments to assess the efficiency of a wide range of health technologies or interventions.
A crucial barrier to the widespread adoption of cost-effectiveness analysis for decision making is the absence of a widely accepted decision rule that can be used around the world, that is, what is profitable in a particular country or jurisdiction.
About the webinar
The webinar on cost-effectiveness thresholds will allow its participants to learn about the importance of making health decisions based on evidence and focus efforts and resources on the most cost-effective health interventions and technologies. Andrés Pichón-Riviere will tell us about the study they carried out together with other professionals, to estimate cost-effectiveness thresholds based on per capita health expenditures and life expectancy at birth, empirically establishing thresholds for 174 countries. Be part of a multidimensional discussion with speakers from Brazil and Colombia who will address from their experiences the contribution of thresholds to have more efficient and equitable health systems.
37th Edition of the RedETSA Webinar Program: COST-EFFECTIVENESS THRESHOLDS: Optimizing the allocation of health resources in the Americas
10:00 - 10:10 EDT – Opening and Welcome, PAHO
10:10 - 10:30 EDT – Presentation by Andrés Pichón-Riviere, General Director, Institute of Clinical and Health Effectiveness-IECS, Argentina
10:30 - 10:35 EDT – Remarks by PAHO and IDB
10:35 - 10:45 EDT – Commentary and Experience from Colombia, by Adriana Robayo, Executive Director, Institute for Health Technology Assessment-IETS, Colombia
10:45 – 10:55 – Commentary and Experience from Brazil, by Luciene Bonan, Director, National Commission for the Incorporation of Technologies, CONITEC, Brazil
10:55 - 11:25 EDT – Q&A
11:25 - 11:30 EDT – Closing of the Webinar, IDB
• 7:00 am.– Los Angeles, Vancouver
• 8:00 am. – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, Mexico City, San Jose (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
• 9:00 am. – Bogota, Panama City, Kingston, Lima, Quito, Cayman Islands
• 10:00 a.m. – Asuncion, Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, Havana, La Paz, Nassau, Ottawa, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, San Juan, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Washington DC
• 11:00 am – Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo
• 4:00 p.m. –Geneva, Madrid, Barcelona
For other cities, check the local time in the following link