The Office of Subregional Program Coordination for the Caribbean (SPC), of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Caribbean Alliance of National Psychological Associations (CANPA) are collaborating on a webinar series to mark the start of a formal partnership between the two organizations. The first session is titled "Creating communities of care in times of crisis" and will take place on Monday, July 20th, at 11.00 am (Atlantic Standard Time or also Eastern Daylight Time). The session will be in English.
The webinar series provides a formal educational opportunity for psychologists and counsellors on the IASC framework for Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) to enhance disaster mental health management in the regional and national contexts. The overarching goal is to increase the use of IASC framework as a means to build capacity and harmonize the disaster mental health responses of Caribbean psychologists and counsellors as a means to facilitate partnerships within country and across the region.
While the specific learning outcomes will vary depending on the number of sessions each participant attends, the participant who participates in all sessions will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the IASC framework inclusive of principles, best practices and critical components
- Conceptualize, communicate and collaborate on the comprehensive delivery of Disaster Health Management/MHPSS
- Strategically plan and contribute to coordinated delivery of MHPSS across multiple sectors of society
- Contribute to mapping (e.g., existing resources, gaps and needs) and the management of resources in their respective contexts
- Analyze individual, community and social needs, patterns/trends to forecast and proactively develop and implement necessary interventions across various sectors of the society
- Evaluate the implementation of MHPSS in their context, identify necessary adaptations and outline lessons learned to develop a sustainable infrastructure in the local, national and regional contexts.
- Dr. Claudina Cayetano. PAHO,Advisor, Mental Health.
- Dr Elisa Prieto. PAHO, Subregional Advisor, NCD and Mental Health
- Dr. Peter Douglas-Weller. CANPA, Co-Chair Disaster Mental Health Committee
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- DATE: Monday, 20 July, 2020
- TIME: 11:00 am - 12:30 pm (AST) [see below the time correspondence]
- REGISTER: Click on the following button to register.
- 08:00 am. - Los Ángeles
- 09:00 am. - Belmopan,
- 10:00 am.- Kingston, Lima, Quito
- 11:00 am.- Brigdetown, Caracas, La Paz, Nassau, Port of Spain
- 12:00 pm.- Paramaribo
For other cities, you can check the time correspondance in the following link