To continue supporting Belize with its efforts to stay ahead of the COVID-19 pandemic, PAHO/WHO Belize made another donation to the Ministry of Health. This is an effort to strengthen the country’s health system and to keep Belize prepared in the event of a second wave of COVID-19.
On June 8, 2020, PAHO/WHO Representative, Dr. Noreen Jack, handed over the much-needed items to the Chief Executive Officer of the Ministry of Health, Dr. George Gough, who was very appreciative in the country office’s overall support to the ministry and Belize.
The items handed over included test tubes, pipettes, and tips that are crucial to facilitate the continuity of lab testing for COVID-19 in the country.
- 48 cases Greiner 4.5ml red top tubes w/gel separator 1200/cs
- 4 cases Greiner 4.0ml lavender top tubes w/EDTA 1200/cs
- 5 each Eppendorf research plus pipette, 0.5 to 10ul
- 15 boxes Eppendorf sterile dual filter tips, 960 tips p/box, 0.1 to 10ul
- 10 boxes Eppendorf sterile dual filter tips, 960 tips p/box, 2 to 200ul
- 12 boxes Eppendorf sterile dual filter tips, 960 tips p/box, 0.5 to 20ul
PAHO/WHO continues to provide technical guidance and constant support since the impact of COVID-19 in the country.