The purpose of this call is to disseminate and exchange initiatives implemented at the local level in the region that contribute to health, well-being and equity.
Washington, D.C., July 12, 2023 - The Healthy Municipalities, Cities and Communities Movement (HMCC) launches a call to collect and recognize positive experiences on healthy municipalities, cities and communities in the Region of the Americas.
The selected experiences will be published by PAHO and recognized at the VI Regional Meeting of Mayors for Healthy Municipalities, Cities and Communities, to be held in Huechuraba, Chile, on October 26 and 27, 2023.
Requirements for participation
A maximum of three proposals per local government may be submitted. The experiences must comply with the following requirements:
- Each initiative will be presented directly by the local government that has implemented it.
- Each experience must have been implemented for at least one year.
- It must present results in health, well-being and equity.
- The experience must address at least one of the following areas:
- Local governance for the health and well-being of all people.
- Intersectoral action for health and well-being.
- Participation, community empowerment and social cohesion.
- Access to basic services essential for health and well-being.
- Healthy, inclusive and safe environments.
- Management of health emergencies and disasters, including climate change.
Each proposal should detail:
- Profile of the local government: name, location and number of inhabitants of the municipality.
- Name of the experience/project/program and responsible contact person.
- Policy formulation: data, formulation of objectives and goals, among others.
- Activities and actions carried out in the implementation phase.
- Results and impact: detail and specify if monitoring has been carried out and type of evaluation (quantitative, qualitative or mixed), and summare main findings.
Once it has been verified that the experience presented complies with the requirements of the call and provides all the information requested in the form, it will be evaluated with a maximum score of 100 points for each experience according to the following criteria:
- Equity (up to 15 points)
- Intersectoral action for health (up to 15 points)
- Social participation (15 points)
- Effectiveness (15 points)
- Monitoring and evaluation (15 points)
- Sustainability (15 points)
- Replicability (5 points)
- Innovation associated with the experience (5 points)
The selected experiences will be recognized at the VI Regional Meeting of Mayors for Healthy Municipalities, Cities and Communities, to be held in Huechuraba, Chile, on October 26 and 27, 2023.
PAHO will invite the mayors of the five best rated experiences to present them at this event.
Likewise, these experiences will be published and disseminated through the CQI Movement.
Find the complete terms and conditions as well as the form to register your experience at the following links: