On Wednesday, 11 September, 2019, join us in a new session of the Alcohol and Health Webinar Series, to learn more on "Alcohol policy advocacy and the challenges for alcohol control"
Paula Johns will present on how alcohol is viewed as a commercial determinant of health globally and the challenges faced internationally to implement the global alcohol strategy and SDG 2030 agenda.
- DATE: Wednesday, 11 September, 2019
- TIME: 12.30 pm EDT
- RECORDING (no Spanish translation for this webinar. Only English):
- PRESENTATION: Advocacy and the Challenges for Alcohol Control
Paula Johns, Director of ACT Brazil.
Paula Johns is a sociologist with a Master in International Development studies at the Univ Roskilde, Denmark. She works with civil society since 1998, coordinating projects to promote human rights, gender equity and public health. Mrs Johns has been working on tobacco control, alcohol policy, nationally and internationally, and is member of the NCD Alliance, GAPA (Global Alcohol Policy Alliance) and has collaborated with PAHO/WHO on numerous occasions.
- 9:30 am - Los Angeles
- 10:30 am - San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:30 am - Bogotá, Lima, Mexico City, Quito, Kingston
- 12:30 pm - Bridgetown, La Paz, Sto. Domingo, Santiago de Chile
- 1:30 pm - Brasilia, Buenos Aires
For other cities, you can estimate the time in the following link.
Alcohol and Health Webinar Series
The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Unit will be coordinating a series of webinars on Alcohol and Health throughout 2019. The webinar series is aimed at disseminating up-to-date and accurate information about alcohol epidemiology, harms, policies and research in the Region of the Americas and globally, which in turn can be used for advocacy, policy development and implementation.