The Pan American Health Organization invites you to participate on the webinar "International Day Against Childhood Cancer 2022", organized to hightlight the advances achieved in the implementation of the WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer in the Region of the Americas and discuss what are the plans to continue the progress.
The webinar will take place via Zoom on Tuesday, 15 February, from 12:00 to 2:00 pm (Washington DC time - EST).
This webinar aims to engage the regional and international stakeholders to maximize the success of the implementation of the Initiative and align regional priorities with identified commitments and international goals. We will have presentations by the childhood cancer teams of Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and collaborating institutions.
- To summarize the current panorama and priorities for cancer control in children and adolescents in the region of the Americas;
- To present the regional implementation strategy of the WHO Global Initiative on Childhood Cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean; and
- Highlight the importance of international collaboration with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and other important collaborators, in the progress of childhood cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean in terms of timely detection, treatment abandonment and palliative care.
- DATE: Tuesday, 15 February, 2022
- TIME 12:00 pm- 2:00 pm (EST) [check the time correspondence in your area at the bottom of the page]
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JqFHWERtStm4Qtl9qpT5DA
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar
- LANGUAGE: The session will be in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation to both languages.
This recording is in the original floor audio.
Click on the titles of the presentations to download them
- 12:00 pm - Welcome remarks
- Anselm Hennis, Director, Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health, PAHO
- 12:10 pm - Advances and Plans of CureAll Americas 2022
- Liliana Vasquez, Pediatric oncologist, Childhood Cancer Consultant
- 12:30 pm - Cost-effectiveness in pediatric cancer
- Soad Fuentes-Alabi, Pediatric oncologist, Childhood Cancer Consultant
- 12:50 pm - Assessment and implementation tools for strategies within the global childhood cancer initiative
- Alejandra Gonzalez-Ruiz, Program Coordinator - Health Systems Unit, St. Jude Children´s Research Hospital
- 13:10 pm - Pediatric Palliative Care: regional collaboration
- Ximena García, Program Support, Global Palliative Care Program, St Jude Children's Research Hospital
- 13:30 pm - Communication focused on children with cancer and their families
- Daniel Bastardo, Global Liaison Specialist, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- 13:50 pm - Closing remarks
- Silvana Luciani, Unit Chief, Noncommunicable Diseases Unit, PAHO
- 9:00 am.– Los Angeles
- 11:00 am. – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 12:00 pm. – Bogota, Havana, Kingston, Lima, Panamá City, Quito, Port-au-Prince, Washington DC
- 1:00 pm. – Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Paz, Nassau, Port of Spain, San Juan
- 2:00 pm – Asunción, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo, Santiago
- 6:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link