Join us on Wednesday, June 30, in the webinar "What we know about Epilepsy and COVID-19 in the Region of the Americas". During this session, the directors of the two PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centers in Chile and Honduras, experts in the field of epilepsy, will present the perspectives and challenges of epilepsy during the pandemic.
Additionally, the acute and long-term neurological consequences of COVID-19 will be discussed. Among those present will be people who have lived experiences with epilepsy as well as with the neurological consequences of COVID 19. It will be an opportunity for health care workers to increase their knowledge in the diagnosis and management of people with epilepsy and COVID-19.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- DATE: Wednesday, 30 June, 2021
- TIME: 11.00 am EDT check the time correspondence in your area at the bottom of the page
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_r7muhR9STeqsclfRiks7fg
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar
- LANGUAGE: The session will be in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation to both languages. International Sign language interpretation will also be offered during the event.
Moderator: Claudina Cayetano, Regional Mental Health Advisor, PAHO/WHO
- 11.00 am - Welcome and introductory remarks.
- Renato Oliveira e Souza, Chief, Mental Health and Substance Use Unit, PAHO/WHO
- 11.05 am - Living to the full. Testimony of a life experience
Michela Sofía Betanzo Quiero, Chile
- 11.20 am - Neurological consequences of COVID-19
Marco T. Medina, Director of the PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre in Honduras
- 11.35am - Epilepsy and COVID-19: challenges and experiences
Carlos Acevedo, Director of the PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre in Chile
- 12.15 am - Summary and lessons learned
Dr. Mario Alonso Vanegas, President of ILAE Acad. Dr. FAES Mario A. Alonso Vanegas, Director of the International Centre for Epilepsy Surgery
- 8:00 am.– Los Angeles
- 9:00 am – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am– Kingston, Mexico City, Panamá City
- 11:00 am – Bridgetown, Castries, Georgetown, Nassau, Port of Spain, San Juan, Washington DC
- 12:00 pm. – Brasilia, Paramaribo
- 5:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link