World Breastfeeding Protection Day
Join us on Friday, May 20, for the World Breastfeeding Protection Day webinar to discuss the impact of marketing breastmilk substitutes on infant feeding decisions and the advances and challenges of implementing the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes in the countries.
How to participate
- DATE: Friday, May 20, 2022.
- TIME: 10:00 - 12:00 AM (Brasilia) [check at the end of the page the local time in other cities]
- LANGUAGES: English, Spanish and Portuguese, with simultaneous interpretation in those languages and interpretation in Brazilian Sign Language.
- LIVE STREAMING: youtube.com/c/PAHOTV
- Opening remarks
- Leo Nerderveen, Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO)
- (TBC) United Nations Children's Fund (Unicef).
- Janini Ginani, Child Health and Breastfeeding Coordinator at the Brazilian Ministry of Health.
- Renata Ferreira, National Health Surveillance Agency of Brazil (Anvisa)
- Carlota Aquino, Executive Director of the Brazilian Institute for Consumer Protection (IDEC)
- Clavel Sanchez, coordinator of International Baby Food Action Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (IBFAN/LAC)
- Cíntia Ribeiro, Coordinator of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brazil).
- How the marketing of formula milk influences our decisions on infant feeding
- Laurence Grummer-Strawn, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Experiences from countries in the region in monitoring the Code
- Fabiana Müller, Member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brazil).
- Marco Arana Cedeño, Member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Mexico (IBFAN/Mexico).
- Final Coments
- Rodrigo Viana, Professor at the Nutrition Department at the Federal University of Paraíba and member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brasil).
- Cristiano Boccolini, Researcher at Fundação Oswaldo Cruz and representative of the Americas for the WHO report on digital marketing.