Join us for the webinar on Health and Development: The Absence of Disease is Not Enough. This webinar is the first of a webinar series related to the life course approach.
15 June 2021
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. (EST) Washington, DC Time.
How to participate
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
There will be simultaneous English, Spanish and Portuguese interpretation.
- 8:30 a.m. - Welcoming remarks
- Dr. Enrique Vega
- 8:35 a.m. - The life course approach for health development: Concepts and foundations
- Dr. Cristopher Forrest
- 8:50 a.m. - How the life course approach is translated into public health practice: First part of the life course (implications)
- Presentation - A future for the world's children: A WHO-UNICEF-Lancet commission
- Dr. Raul Mercer
- Presentation - Re-designing children and adolescent's health programs
- Dr. Wilson Milton Were
- 9:10 a.m. - Panel discussion: The implementation of the life course approach
- Moderated by Dr. Pablo Durán
- Panelists include:
- Dr. Natalie Charpaak
- Dr. Nicole Garay Unjidos
- Dr. Susan Sawyer
- 10:00 a.m. - Conclusions and closing remarks
- Dr. Pablo Durán
Moderated by Dr. Sonja Caffe
For more information on the life course approach, please visit the following: https://www.paho.org/en/topics/healthy-life-course