WHAT: Marking International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women 2010 - Violence against Women: New evidence from Latin America and the Caribbean.
WHO: The Pan American Health Organization, in partnership with the Unite to End Violence Against Women Campaign, the International Center for Research on Women, the Men Engage Alliance and the Inter-American Commission on Women's Rights.
- MIRTA ROSES PERIAGO, Director of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- MARY GOODWIN, Leader, Demographic Research and Program Evaluation Team,
- Division of Reproductive Health at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- GARY BARKER, Director of the Gender, Violence and Rights Portfolio at the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW)
- ELIZABETH ROWLEY, Associate, Center for Refugee and Disaster Response, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
WHEN: Monday, November 22, 2010, from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Pan American Health Organization Headquarters, Room B, 2nd Floor - 525 Twenty-Third Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20037. (Four blocks from the subway station in Foggy Bottom/GW University)
- Live stream
For more information please contact: Alessandra Guedes, PAHO Regional Advisor, Intra-Family Violence, firstname.lastname@example.org or Donna Eberwine, Public Information, PAHO/WHO, email@example.com, tel +202 974 3122.
PAHO, founded in 1902, works with all the countries of the Americas to improve the health and quality of life of their peoples. It also serves as the Regional Office for the Americas of the World Health Organization (WHO).