Join us on Wednesday, 17 June, 2020, for a new session of the Alcohol and Health Webinar series, titled: "Alcohol Labeling: What Do We Know And What Can We Do? "
The session will be in English.
Alcohol labels are a key component of the branding of alcoholic beverages but they are also a fundamental vehicle to inform the consumer about the ingredients, nutritional value, caloric value, alcohol strength, number of standard drinks, and other health and safety information. However, no regulation exists with this regards and attempts by a few countries have often failed, given the influence of the alcohol producers. In this webinar, the current situation in Europe and globally will be presented, as well as the implications for alcohol policy, that can serve to promote action in the Americas.
This webinar is aimed at researchers, advocates and policy makers involved in alcohol policy in the Americas.
- Senior Scientist, Institute for Mental Health Policy Research & Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Canada
- Professor, Dalla Lana: School of Public Health and Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto (UofT), CanadaSenior Scientist: PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Faculty member: Graduate Department of Community Health and Institute of Medical Science, UofT
- Program Manager, Alcohol and Illicit Drugs, WHO European Office for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases
- Alcohol labelling practices and evidence in Europe ─ what do we know and where do we go? - Jürgen Rehm
- Access the recording at https://paho.webex.com/paho/lsr.php?RCID=4cd688847e3346628fc0c7bf8c9ea160
How to participate
- DATE: Wednesday, 17 June, 2020
- TIME: 12.30 pm (EDT) [see below the time correspondence]
- EVENT ADDRESS:
- PASSWORD: VpPdDT3EC26
- 9.30 am.- Los Angeles
- 10:30 am. - San José, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:30 am.- Mexico City, Bogota, Kingston, Lima, Quito
- 12:30 pm.- Brigdetown, La Paz, Nassau, Port of Spain, Santiago de Chile, Santo Domingo
- 1:30 pm.- Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo
For other cities, you can check the time correspondance in the following link
SURVEY ON ALCOHOL USE AND COVID-19
Drinking alcohol is primarily a social activity, often done in the public, in public venues, festivals, sporting events. The availability of alcohol in these places have decreased with the implementation of quarantine and other measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19. It is important to know what has changed in the drinking habits of the population so we can better respond with information, education, services and other strategies as needed and in a timely manner.
Therefore, PAHO has elaborated an anonymous and confidential survey to be responded by people older than 18 years old living in Latin America and Caribbean countries. The questionnaire does not ask your name or address, nor IP address or phone number that can be traced. None of the information provided by the respondents will be linked to them. The information gathered with this survey will be used to prepare statistics of the population from the countries
Alcohol and Health Webinar Series
This webinar is the fourth session of the Alcohol and Health Webinar Series for 2020, continuing the series iniciated in 2019, with the purpouse of disseminating up-to-date and accurate information about alcohol epidemiology, harms, policies and research in the Region of the Americas and globally, which in turn can be used for advocacy, policy development and implementation.
Access the recordings and presentations of previous webinars in the Alcohol webpage following link: Alcohol and Health Webinar Series