The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) invites you to participate in the webinar event for the Launch of the Online Program On Social Marketing for Public Health, 2020, to be held on Tuesday, 14 July 2020 at 11:00 am (EDT).
The Program on Social Marketing for Public Health is a collaboration between the Pan American Health Organization and the College of Public Health at the University of South Florida. The Program is funded by the American Heart Association and the Universal Health Coverage Partnership.
The objective of the Program is to develop capacity of public health professionals in developing and managing social marketing campaigns applied to public health.
- Professionals in public health (health communication, health promotion, nutrition, noncommunicable diseases)
- Ministries of health
- PAHO country offices
- Professional associations
How to participate
- DATE: Tuesday, 14 July 2020
- TIME: 11:00 am EDT (check your local time below)
- VIRTUAL ROOM:
- To connect as audio conference, dial in using the number listed for your country and enter the following access code 161 454 3338
United States: +1-415-655-0002
- REGISTER: http://eepurl.com/g9AjiX
- Use the following link to open the recording: https://paho.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/paho/recording/d34cfe40d970403c93746243b3a2117c
Agenda and presentations
(Click on the title of the presentations to download them)
- 11:00 - 11:05 am - Welcome and Opening Remarks .
Dr Anselm Hennis - Director, Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health
- 11:05 - 11:15 am - Introduction of Panelists / Promotional Video (2min) .
Leo Nederveen - Advisor Food, Nutrition and Physical Activity in Schools, PAHO
- 11:15 - 11:25 am - Presentation: “Health Promotion – The importance of achieving behavioral change with social marketing tools” .
Dr Gerry Eijkemans - Family, Health Promotion and Life Course – FPL
- 11:30 - 11:35 am - Presentation: “Overview of the program on social marketing for public health”
Dr Mahmooda Pasha - Associate Director of the WHO Collaborating Center, University of South Florida
- 11:35 - 11:45 am - Presentation: “Overview of the Virtual Campus, how to get access and other learning tools” .
Carlos León / Gabriel Listovsky - Virtual Campus Regional team
- 11:45 - 12:15 pm - Question and Answer session.
- 12:15 pm - 12:30 pm - Closing remarks .
THE COURSE IS NOW AVAILABLE AT:
- 8.00 am.- Los Angeles
- 9:00 am. - San José, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am.- Mexico City, Bogota, Kingston, Lima, Quito
- 11:00 am.- Brigdetown, La Paz, Nassau, Port of Spain, Santiago de Chile, Santo Domingo
- 12:00 pm.- Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo
For other cities, you can check the time correspondance in the following link
Postcards for Social Media
Spread the word and let others know about the Program
Program on Social Marketing for Public Health 2020