This is the third in a series of webinars exploring the relationship between the COVID-19 pandemic and international health. This webinar will focus on the importance of Primary Health Care in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What: Primary Health Care and COVID-19.
Date: Tuesday, 30 June 2020
Time:: From 1:30pm - 3:00pm EDT
How: To join the webinar use the following link https://bit.ly/paho-lihp-phc
Focus primarily on the Caribbean although it will also draw from some positive experiences in Latin America.
Agenda and speakers
- Welcome and introductions. Annella Auer. Coordinator, Edmundo Granda Ugalde Leaders in International Health Program (LIHP), Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- Orientations for strengthening the first level of care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Reynaldo Holder, International PAHO Consultant for Health Systems Strengthening Pan American Health Organization PAHO/WHO
- COVID-19 and Primary Health Care in The Bahamas. Jillian Bartlett. Senior Medical Officer, Ministry of Health Government of The Bahamas
- Laura J. Esprit. Director of Primary Health Care Ministry of Health, Wellness and New Health Investment Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica
- Jacquiline Bisasor-McKenzie. Chief Medical Officer Ministry of Health and Wellness Government of Jamaica