On Friday, 18 June, 2021, the Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health is hosting the webinar "Implementation of the WHO Global Initiative on Childhood Cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean".
The objectives of the webinar are:
- Summarize the current panorama and the priorities for the control of cancer in children and adolescents inthe region of the Americas.
- Present the regional strategy for the implementation of the WHO Global Initiative on Childhood Cancer inLatin America and the Caribbean.
- Highlight the importance of international collaboration with the St Jude Children's Research Hospital andChildhood Cancer International, in the progress of childhood cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- DATE: Friday, 18 June, 2021
- TIME 11:00 am- 1:00 pm (EDT) [check the time correspondence in your area at the bottom of the page]
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__Ca6ktJ6QS6vHikoY07naQ
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar
- If the capacity of the virtual room is exceeded, you can follow the session on the PAHO YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/pahotv
- LANGUAGE: The session will be in English, Spanish and Portuguese, with simultaneous translation to both languages.
11:00 AM – Welcome Remarks and Pediatric Cancer Survivor's Perspective - Gabriel "Gabo" Alessandro Mayorga, childhood cancer survivor.
11:10 AM – Introduction to CUREAll Americas - Silvana Luciani, Unit Chief, Noncommunicable Diseases, Violence and Injury Prevention, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
11:15 AM – Regional strategy for the implementation of the WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer in Latin America and the Caribbean within the framework of CureAll - Liliana Vasquez, Consultant Cancer Program Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH) PAHO / WHO
11:30 AM – Advances in the design and implementation of national pediatric cancer plans - Soad Fuentes Aparicio, Consultant Cancer Program Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH) PAHO / WHO
11:45 AM – Monitoring and evaluation of the WHO Global Initiative for Childhood Cancer in the Region of the Americas - Karina Ribeiro, Consultant Cancer Program Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health (NMH) PAHO / WHO
12:00 PM – Presentation of the CUREAll technical package - Roberta Ortiz, technical officer, World Health Organization.
12:15 PM – St Jude Global in collaboration with CUREAll Americas - Monika Metzger, Regional Director for Central and South America, St Jude Global.
12:30 PM – Development of a network of pediatric cancer survivors in Latin America - Marcela Zubieta, Head of Childhood Cancer International in Latin America.
12:45 PM – Questions and final comments
- 8:00 am.– Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 9:00 am. – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am. – Kingston, Mexico City, Panamá City
- 11:00 am. – Bridgetown, Castries, Georgetown, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, San Juan, Washington DC
- 12:00 pm. – Brasilia, Paramaribo
- 5:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link