Dr Keva Thompson, National PAHO Consultant: Non-Communicable Diseases and Mental Health PAHO/WHO Office for The Bahamas and the Turks and Caicos Islands shares this advice to help beat the winter blues:
- Keep up with activities that you enjoy and find alternatives for things that are no longer possible.
- Stay connected with friends and family.
- Eat at regular intervals and get enough sleep.
- Exercise regularly if you can – even if it’s just a short walk.
- Avoid or restrict alcohol intake and only take medicine as by your health-care provider.
- f you think you may be depressed, talk to someone you trust about your feelings.
- Seek professional help – your local health-care worker or doctor is a good place to start.