Launch of the Virtual Course on the Implementation of the HEARTS Technical Package in Primary Health Care
- Launch of the Virtual Course on the Implementation of the HEARTS Technical Package in Primary Health Care
- 2019-07-23, 11:00 h - 12:00 h
- Non-communicable diseases
On Tuesday, 23 July, 2019, at 11:00 am (Washington, D.C. time), join us for the launch of the Virtual Course on the Implementation of the HEARTS Technical Package in Primary Health Care, available at the PAHO Virtual Campus of Public Health.
- DATE: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
- TIME: 11.00 am EDT
- VIRTUAL LINKS:
- REGISTER AT: http://eepurl.com/cxbqKv
- 11.00 am – Welcome: Dr. Pedro Orduñez, Regional Advisor - PAHO, USA
- 11:05 am – Welcome remarks: Dr. Taskeen Khan – Medical Officer. Management of Noncommunicable Diseases Unit
Department for Management of Noncommunicable Diseases, Disability, Violence and Injury Prevention. WHO, Switzerland
- 11:10 am – Proven strategies to improve control of hypertension: Components of the HEARTS technical package: Dr. Marc Jaffe, Senior Vice President of Resolves to Save Lives. USA
- 11:20 am – Training the new generation of primary health professionals: HEARTS: Dr. Donald DiPette, Health Sciences Distinguished Professor. University of South Carolina and University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Columbia, South Carolina. USA
- 11:30 am – Partners in HEARTS implementation: Academia and Scientific Societies: Dr. Patricio López-Jaramillo, Research Medical Director of FOSCAL, School of Medicine, University of Santander. Colombia.
- 11:40 am – HEARTS: Building the preeminent model of cardiovascular risk management in PHC in the Region of the Americas. Importance of the course for Primary Health Care teams. Dr. Yenny Rodríguez, General coordinator of the Virtual Course on the Implementation of the HEARTS Technical Package in PHC. PAHO, USA
- 11:45am – Resources of the CVSP: Gabriel Listovsky, Virtual Campus Technical coordinator of the Virtual Course on the Implementation of the HEARTS Technical Package in PHC. VCPH, Panama
- 8:00 am - Los Angeles
- 09:00 am - San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am - Bogotá, Lima, Mexico City, Quito, Kingston
- 11:00 pm - Bridgetown, La Paz, Sto. Domingo, Santiago de Chile
- 12:00 pm - Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo
For other cities, you can estimate the time in the following link.