15 June 2022 16:30 – 20:00 CET
The World Blood Donor Day 2022 celebration will be marked by a webinar on ‘‘Building effective national blood donor programs to ensure safe and secure blood supplies’’. The webinar is organized by WHO's Blood and other products of human origin team in collaboration with the National Blood Transfusion Centre, Mexico (host country of World Blood Donor Day 2022).
In this webinar, experts and blood program managers from around the world will share experiences, best practices, and innovative approaches to blood donor recruitment and management. Topics include:
- country experiences in developing national blood donor programs;
- achieving 100% voluntary non-remunerated blood donation;
- blood donor recruitment during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- use of social media;
- the role of blood donor organizations;
- and development of donor engagement staff.
In the last session of the webinar, a moderated panel discussion will be organized to discuss how to develop an effective blood donor program to ensure safe and secure blood supplies during peace time and emergencies.
Interpretation will be available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.