When: Monday April 25, 2022
- 7:00 am – Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 8:00 am – Belmopan, Ciudad de Guatemala, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 9:00 am – Bogotá, Ciudad de México, Ciudad de Panamá, Kingston, Lima, Quito
- 10:00 am – Asunción, Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Habana, La Paz, Nassau, Ottawa, Puerto Príncipe, Puerto España, San Juan, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Washington DC
- 11:00 am – Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 4:00 pm – Ginebra, Madrid
How: Platform: Hybrid (Virtual and in-person)
To launch the 2022 Vaccination Week in the Americas, PAHO’s Director, Dr. Carissa F. Etienne will host a regional virtual event alongside with Dominica’s Prime Minister during her visit to the Island. The event will also count with the virtual participation of high-level national representatives from the countries in the Americas. Other regional and global authorities and partners who have been integral to the success of the immunization program in the Americas will be invited to participate as well.
In the context of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the focus of the event will be on the call to build back better national immunization programs, reach those who might have been left behind, and promote equitable access to vaccines.
Master of Ceremony: Dr. Yitades Gebre, PAHO/WHO PWR Representative to the ECC