The Pan American Health Organization cordially invites you to participate on Wednesday 9 September, 2020, at 12.30 pm EDT, in the webinar "Regional Survey on Alcohol Use and COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean". This session is part of the Alcohol and Health Webinar series.
Drinking alcohol is primarily a social activity, often done in the public, in public venues, festivals, sporting events. The availability of alcohol in these places have decreased with the implementation of quarantine and other measures to contain the spread of the COVID-19. It is important to know what has changed in the drinking habits of the population so we can better respond with information, education, services and other strategies as needed and in a timely manner.
Therefore, PAHO has elaborated an anonymous and confidential survey to be responded by people older than 18 years old living in Latin America and Caribbean countries. In this webinar, the results of the survey will be presented.
Dr. Maristela Monteiro, Senior Advisor on Alcohol, Department of Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health, PAHO.
How to participate
- DATE: Wednesday, 9 September, 2020
- TIME: 12.30 - 2.00 pm (EDT) [see below the time correspondence]
- VIRTUAL ROOM: https://paho.webex.com/paho/onstage/g.php?MTID=e9264c71e788363c15a9149d65730c200.
- Event number: 171 829 6658
- Password: BZmqJuTR276
- The registration link is not working in this webinar, prior the session. On the day of the event, use the link above to access to the virtual room.
The session will be in English.
- 9:30 am.- Los Angeles
- 10:30 am. – Guatemala City, San José, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:30 am. – Bogotá, Kingston, Lima, Mexico City, Panama City, Quito, Santo Domingo
- 12.30 pm - Bridgetown, Castries, Georgetown, Havana, Port of Spain, Santiago, Toronto, Washington DC
- 1:30 pm. – Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Paramaribo
For other cities, check the time in the following link
Alcohol and Health Webinar Series
This webinar is the seventh session of the Alcohol and Health Webinar Series for 2020, continuing the series iniciated in 2019, with the purpouse of disseminating up-to-date and accurate information about alcohol epidemiology, harms, policies and research in the Region of the Americas and globally, which in turn can be used for advocacy, policy development and implementation.
To receive invitation to upcoming sessions on this series, as well as the recordings and presentations, register at: http://eepurl.com/gfTHYT
Access the recordings and presentations of previous webinars in the Alcohol webpage following link: Alcohol and Health Webinar Series