Opportunities to access quality medicines at competitive prices
The Pan American Health Organization is organizing the webinar “Standardized Hypertension Treatment Algorithms and PAHO Strategic Fund for Universal Health - Opportunities to access quality medicines at competitive prices” on Thursday, 15 April 2021, from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm (EDT).
The HEARTS model brings a consistent, proven treatment methodology for hypertensive patients through the use of standardized treatment protocols, which are adapted to the local context of each country. Combining the adoption of these protocols with universal access to high quality essential medications will improve hypertension control in primary health care across the Region of the Americas.
The Strategic Fund (SF) of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) is a regional technical cooperation mechanism for pooled procurement of essential medicines and strategic health supplies, with the goal to ensure affordability. The SF is a central component of PAHO's strategy to move towards Universal Health. The products purchased through the Fund meet international standards in safety, efficacy, and quality.
How to participate
- DATE: Thursday, 15 April, 2021
- TIME: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm (EDT) [see time correspondence below]
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_VQkLDWGJTrGlOs7f_s_j9Q
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar./span>
- LANGUAGE: The session will be in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation.
Moderator: Dr. Pedro Ordúñez – Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health Department. HEARTS Program in the Americas. Pan American Health Organization.
- 11:00 am - First section
Why we need SAANE treatment algorithms to improve global hypertension control
- Jennifer Cohn – MD MPH. Senior Vice President, Cardiovascular Health. Resolve to Save Lifes
HEARTS methodology for a transition from existing treatment practices to best practice using pharmacologic protocols
- Donald DiPette, MD – Distinguished Professor of Medicine. The University of South Carolina.
Q & A (10 minutes)
- 11:35 am - Second Section
Christopher Lim. –Chief, Strategic Fund for Public Health Supplies PAHO
WHO list. Process of inclusion into the SF portfolio. Quality assurance of medications
- Murilo Fleitas. – Specialist, Strategic Fund Medicines Prequalification, HSS/MT, PAHO
- Process for planning and procurement follow up. Demand forecast and planning & benefits of demand consolidation. Description of the procurement process.
Jordi Balleste. – Unit Chief, Strategic Fund Procurement, Procurement and Supply Management (PAHO)
Q & A (10 minutes)
- 8:00 am.– Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 9:00 am. – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am. – Kingston, Mexico City, Panamá City
- 11:00 am. – Bridgetown, Castries, Georgetown, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, San Juan, Washington DC
- 12:00 pm. – Brasilia, Paramaribo
- 5:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link