On Wednesday, December 7, PAHO will host a regional virtual seminar to present and discuss the activities to address violence against migrant and refugee women and girls in four countries of the Region (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Peru). The webinar will take place from 10:00 to 11:30 am (Washington DC time).
The flow of refugees and migrants from Venezuela across the Region of the Americas constitutes one of the largest movements of people in the history of the Region as millions of people have left the country to date. The event will highlight the critical, multi-layered role of the health system in preventing and responding to violence against migrant and refugee women and girls. It will offer the opportunity to share progress of national projects and key actions, discuss lessons learned in strengthening the health sector response to violence against Venezuelan refugee and migrant women, and discuss opportunities to advance this important agenda in the Region in the future.
How to participate
- DATE: Wednesday, 7 December, 2022
- TIME: 10:00 – 11:30 am (EST) (See time correspondence below)
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_O-pYEk8iQFaYR9S7mKej-A
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar.
- LANGUAGE: The session will be available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese with simultaneous translation.
- 10:00 am – Welcome and opening remarks
- 10:10 am – Panel discussion on strengthening health sector responses to migrant and refugee women.
- The panel will highight project achievements and related lessons learned in four countries (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru).
- 10:50 am – Question and Answers
- 11:20 am – Closing remarks
- 7:00 am: Los Angeles
- 8:00 am: Calgary
- 9:00 am : Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am: Bogota, Havana, Lima, Kingston, Quito, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Washington DC
- 11:00 am: Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, Port of Spain, Santo Domingo, San Juan
- 12:00 pm: Asunción, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 4:00 pm: Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, please check the time at the following link