The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) in collaboration with The Lancet, the Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) and The Rockefeller Foundation launched the The Lancet Series on Universal Health Coverage in Latin America on Thursday 16 October 2014 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Washington, DC. time).
- Showcase and contextualize Latin America's unique experiences towards reaching Universal Health Coverage (UHC) within the context of the post-2015 development agenda;
- Profile the launch of the Lancet Series on UHC in Latin America; and
- Promote the PAHO Regional Strategy for Universal Access to Health and Universal Health Coverage to accelerate regional action.
This event was hosted by Dr. Carissa F. Etienne, PAHO/WHO Director and it was broadcasted via Blackboard/web. Please use the following links for recordings event:
The Lancet Series was presented by Dr. Jeanette Vega, Senior Editor of The Lancet Series, and Director FONASA (Chile).
Thereafter, a high-level panel was moderated by Dr. Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, The Lancet.
- Dr. James Fitzgerald, PAHO/WHO
- Dr. Rifat Atun, Harvard University
- Dr. Amanda Glassman, Center for Global Dev.
- Dr. Ariel Frisancho, National Directorate member, ForoSalud, Peru
- The Lancet: Universal Health Coverage in Latin America Series [Engish]
- Abstracts/ The Lancet: Universal Coverage in Latin America Series [Spanish]
- Strategy for Universal Access to Health and Universal Health Coverage. (CD53/5, Rev.2) [English - Spanish]
- PAHO Web. Universal health coverage [English - Spanish]
- Video. Comments from Ministers of Health from the Region [with subtitles in English/Spanish]
- Photos [Album]
- Video. Imagine a World [English - Spanish]
This webpage link: www.paho.org/UHC-LancetSeries-LA