The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Unit is coordinating a series of monthly webinars on Alcohol and Health throughout 2019. The webinar series is aimed at disseminating up-to-date and accurate information about alcohol epidemiology, harms, policies and research in the Region of the Americas and globally, which in turn can be used for advocacy, policy development and implementation.
Register to the series to receive the invitations and the recordings and presentations of the webinars.
- – Register at: http://eepurl.com/gfTHYT
- September, 9 - Regional Survey on Alcohol Use and COVID-19 in Latin America and the Caribbean
- August, 12 - Regional Study on Alcohol, Drugs and Road Injuries in Emergency Rooms: first findings
- July 2020, 15 - Alcohol Policy Scales in the US and Canada: Rationale, Development, Uses and Challenges
- June, 17. Alcohol labeling: what do we know and what can we do? (in English)
- May, 13. A human rights perspective on the prevention of alcohol consumption. (in Spanish)
- April, 15 - Alcohol Marketing and Public Health: What Do We Know and What Can We Do?
- March 18- Dr. Beatriz Champagne - Global Alcohol Policy Conference: what happened and what lessons can be used in the Region
- February 13- Dr. Pamela Trangestein - How Well Are We Doing on Alcohol Policy Implementation?
- March 13- Dag Rekve - Global Status Report on Alcohol
- April 10- Lana Popova and Omar Abdul - Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: epidemiology, clinical features and diagnostic criteria
- May 15- Ignacio Ibarra- Regional work on promoting alcohol related laws among legislatorsRegional work on promoting alcohol related laws among legislators
- June 12 - Jürgen Rehm. Can the Americas reduce harmful use of alcohol by 2030? (English and Spanish)
- July 10 - Thomas Babor - Barriers to alcohol policy and what to do about it (English)
- August 14 - Mr Dag Rekve. WHO SAFER Package
- September 11- Paula Johns. Alcohol policy advocacy and the challenges for alcohol controlAlcohol policy advocacy and the challenges for alcohol control (English)
- October 9- Guillermo Paraje - Taxes on Alcoholic Beverages: What We Know and What We Don't Know in Latin AmericaTaxes on Alcoholic Beverages: What We Know and What We Don't Know in Latin America (English and Spanish)
- November 13- Dr María Elena Medina Mora and Vilma Gawryszewski - Alcohol Use Disorders and ICD 11Alcohol Use Disorders and ICD 11 (English and Spanish)
- December 11- Dr Kevin Shield - Alcohol indicators: purpose, meaning, measurement and uses in public healthAlcohol indicators: purpose, meaning, measurement and uses in public health (English and Spanish)