The External Funding Operations to Health Systems Dashboard is an initiative of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) for tracking funding operations from the main financial institutions and donors to the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. The scope of the database is the loans and grants approved since the formal start of the pandemic in March 2020. The operations registered in the database include the financing of health and non-health activities.
- International financial institutions and donors have approved more than 1,200 funding operations for Latin America and the Caribbean countries since March 2020.
- More than 300 funding operations are directed to support health systems and the COVID-19 health response.
- Funding for health and other sectors reached US$ 183,189.6 million by the end of 2021.
- From the above, the approved funds for health systems account for US$ 6,940.1 million (3.8% of the total) by the end of 2021.
- From the approved health system funds, allocations related to COVID reached US$ 5,045.4 million in 2021.
- The funds allocated for COVID19 vaccination programs reached US$ 2,350 million by the end of 2021, accounting for 33.9% of the total.
- The amount of approved funds for health seems to have lost steam in 2022. As of May 2022, approved operations only accounted for US$ 483 million, of which 38.5% aim to fund COVID-19 vaccines.
Access the dashboard
Mapping of policy, legal, and regulatory frameworks on health and migration in the region of the Americas, with a human rights-based approach: The interactive dashboard maps the policy, legal, and regulatory frameworks on health and migration with a human rights-based approach in 19 countries of the Americas, at the national and international levels. This resource is aimed at guiding decision-makers and actors from different sectors tasked with developing, updating, and improving policies, laws, legislative and regulatory frameworks, plans, and programs so that they include protection of the health of migrants in a comprehensive manner.
Access the dashboard