In line with 2022 World No Tobacco Day: Poisoning our Planet, PAHO will be hosting the Regional Webinar, Tobacco, a threat to our planet, on June 1, 2022 at 12:00pm EDT.
Watch the recorded webinar:
To show the harmful impact the tobacco industry has on the environment, discuss greenwashing strategies used by the Tobacco Industry, investigate the cost of tobacco waste and explore the relationship between the implementation of the FCTC and the protection of the environment
- Government focal points
- PAHO Partners
- General public
- 9:00AM – Los Angeles, Vancouver
- 10:00AM – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:00AM – Bogota, Mexico City, Panama City, Kingston, Lima, Quito
- 12:00PM – Asunción, Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Havana, La Paz, Nassau, Ottawa, Port-au-Prince, Port of Spain, San Juan, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Washington DC
- 1:00PM – Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 6:00PM – Geneva, Madrid
(click here for additional time zones not listed)
About World No Tobacco Day 2022
The harmful impact of the tobacco industry on the environment is vast and growing adding unnecessary pressure to our planet’s already scarce resources and fragile ecosystems. Tobacco kills over 8 million people every year and destroys our environment, further harming human health, through cultivation, production, distribution, consumption, and post-consumer waste.
Learn more about the impact of the tobacco industry on the planet, how it hides it, and what can be done to make the tobacco industry accountable for the environmental destruction. Visit the campaign page at